We at CDM have developed a truly unique kind of event. Our format enables everyone in attendance to benefit from the experience, and our dedicated team works tirelessly to set up each of our high-level clients for success. We make sure that our summits put you in the right place at the right time with the right peers. That’s what we do.
But what happens when you get there?
As we move into another busy and productive year for CDM, our management team, which has worked to perfect these summits for years, has come together and compiled a list of the top 5 attendee participation tips for securing the biggest possible event ROI. Here’s what they had to say:
- Tell, don’t sell. When speaking at a CDM Media summit, resist the urge to fall into a hard sell of your company’s products. In order to connect with event attendees and make the connections you need, we suggest applying your expertise to a unique and thoughtful analysis of an industry issue. This approach will result in a much more engaged audience and, more often than not, will lead organically to in-depth discussion with potential clients.
- Do your homework. Taking the time to research event attendees will make for a much smoother and more productive experience on site, and CDM Media provides the tools and resources you need. Be proactive and learn about specific attendee challenges and goals in the days leading up to the event. Knowing your audience ahead of time will enhance your scope and focus during all sessions, meetings and networking opportunities.
- Maximize your time. Our intimate format allows you to engage with everyone at the event through a variety of channels. We know you’re busy and the prospect of finding time to get some work done on site is tempting, but make sure to utilize all lighter activities (e.g. meals, breaks and receptions) on top of agenda sessions and one-on-one meetings. Those who do will start conversations and form relationships they might have missed otherwise.
- Help us help you. CDM Media staff is here to help you. We provide you with lead sheets, facilitate introductions with attendees you’d like to meet and offer support in numerous other ways to ensure the best possible event experience for all in attendance. Make us work for you!
- Follow up and stay connected. CDM Media summits enable you to make new business contacts with real staying power, but it’s up to you to see that relationships flourish. Keep up with attendees you connected with at the event, and make the effort to cultivate relationships that didn’t take off on site. As your network continues to grow, you’ll find that business partnership opportunities come along more often.
We’ll see you at the summits!