Eight years ago in July 2007, CDM Media was founded by our CEO & Founder, Glenn Willis. From the days in the original Hawaii office (which came with the classic “we can see whales from our office” moment) to building out an expansive creative space in Chicago as our HQ, the mission has stayed the same of creating meaningful, lasting business connections through engagement and interaction.
In 2007, a budding CDM Media ran one event, the CIO Finance Summit. The next year, one became three. Now in July 2015, we’ve already run 30+ events and will more than double that by the end of Q4. Let’s take a look at some other milestones from this year alone:
- Tripling staff: We are on track to add 55 new Chicago-based positions before the end of the year to support our growing product portfolio. Read about our aggressive growth plan here.
- HQ expansion: Our Chicago headquarters is moving to a lofty and creative River North space this summer to accommodate our growing team. Like us on Facebook to follow the move!
- New York, New York!: A modern new NYC office in the heart of the Flatiron District was opened in April and the Big Apple team has doubled in size since.
- Giving back: Community outreach continues to increase by company-wide support for organizations like Lurie Children’s Hospital at the Run for Kids 5K in Chicago and the World Wildlife Fund in our UK office – who knew we’d make the news by dressing up as wild animals for a good cause?
- Power clients: We draw participation from brands like Facebook, CapitalOne, Dunkin Brands, SAP, Google, Salesforce, HP, UPS and Lockheed Martin, and this roster continues to grow on a daily basis.
- Meet Dovetail: Who better to build an event app than an event company? Dovetail is being developed by and for CDM Media, and will soon to be available for event organizers around the world.
- Business is good: 14 products added to our Q1 portfolio, 20 custom events in 2015, expansion of our CISO and CMO Summit Series, and revenue growth is on pace to surpass our goal of $50M in revenue by 2020. Help us get there!
Today, thousands of professionals around the world are engaged in CDM Media to discuss enterprise issues and challenges that impact their office, and this unique collaboration would not be possible without all of the CDM Media team who have poured their passion into helping to build this company.
We look forward to accomplishing much, more more in the years to come, but since the journey has been such an adventure, let’s first take a trip down memory lane. Over the next two weeks as we gear up to celebrate our eight great years, we’ll share interviews with our longest tenured employees about their fondest and funniest memories and what CDM Media means to them (with classic photos, of course). Hope you enjoy.