March 14, 2019 – Four Seasons – Brickell, Miami, FL
We took our talents down to South Beach for our CIO & CISO Miami Summits on March 14, 2019 at the Four Seasons in downtown Miami. These summits welcomed CIOs and CISOs as well as other IT/security executives throughout the South Florida and featured conversations and thought leadership discussions around the latest topics including digital transformation, augmented analytics, smart spaces, cybersecurity, blockchain and much more.
A special thank your to our speakers for their excellent insight throughout this busy day:
- Gary Eppinger, CISO, Carnival Corporation – All Eyes on You
- David Less, CIO, JL Audio Inc. – How Augmented Analytics Will Help Your Organization
- Luis Noguerol, NOAA Information System Security Officer, US Department of Commerce – The Future of Autonomous Things
- Ben Tedesco, Security Strategist, Carbon Black – Hunting in the Depths: The Need for a Strategic Threat Detection Model
- Annalisa Fernandez, Intercultural Strategist, Because Culture – Technology Across Cultural Borders
- Scott Gibson, Regional Sales Director – US South Region, Silver Peak Systems – Enabling a Business-First Network: Moving from Software-defined to a Self-driving Wide Area Network
- Scott Luongo, IT Solutions Client Partner, CenturyLink – Where Are We on Our Journey? Effective Dashboards for Decision Making
- Chris Harrison, CTO, Nova Southeastern University – A.I. – The Future Technology Disruptor of all Industries and Sectors
- Joe Tomasone, SE, Southeast, Thales eSecurity, Inc. – Everything Old Is New Again
- Sapana Patel, Sr. Director of Solution Delivery & Architecture, Spirit Airlines – Mobilizing Workforce (Business Anywhere)
- Rich Vidil, VP, Sales Engineering, Enterprise, GTT Communications – What’s the Big Deal about SD-WAN? Seeing the Forest for the Trees
- Don Cox, Chief Information Security Officer, MEDNAX, Inc. – Machine Learning Is Here to Help, Not Replace
- Tery Howard, Former SVP & CTO, Miami Dolphins and Hard Rock Stadium – What’s the Next Stop On the Transformation Journey?
Also, special thanks to the panelists who participated in the Working Lunch – Diversity by Design in Artificial Intelligence
- Annalisa Fernandez, Intercultural Strategist, Because Culture (Moderator)
- Gary Eppinger, CISO, Carnival Corporation
- Lars Schmekel, CISO, Miami Dade County
- Chris Harrison, CTO, Nova Southeastern University
- Greg Taffet, MC, Board Member of South Florida Digital Alliance, former CIO, US Gas and Electric
We are confident that our attendees created new connections with their peers, uncovered one or more new ideas that will impact their digital transformation efforts and found several new solution providers that can help them achieve their goals. We look forward to seeing everyone again at next year’s CIO and CISO Miami Summits!